Will a Fabcraft Polaris wedge tunnel fit an SXViper Mountain?

Bronc_twister

I dunno if anyone has tried this but I would think it could be made to work. I have access to one for basically nothing (or free) and I would think a better tunnel would be a huge improvement (wider and better running boards, tipped up in the back section, and probably lighter). I also am thinking about going from the current 151x2x15 track to a 154 or longer and possibly 2.5 inch lug by 16 inch wide. I also have a pretty nice '05 Mtn Viper that I bought for parts and possibly a revival later on (engine is grenaded in it). Would it be a worthwhile swap to put the '05 skid in the '03 or would I be better off going with a different skid?

Last edited:

Wedge tunnel is correct width wise but the edge tunnels are not. Be sure what your getting. The problem you will run into trying to adapt that tunnel is the different configuration between the chain cases. Two completely different animals between the two brands. Not that it cant be done, just a heads up as you would most likely need to plate over or weld and start fresh for the yamaha case. Also, be sure that tunnel didnt have a drop and rolled case as it will further confuse you as to what needs to be done.

Problems you will encounter with the taller lug tracks is clearance at the bulkhead. Simply cant run much over 2" in any yamaha without stretching your chaincase or doing a drop and roll. There is just not enoughroom. If your thinking different pitch tracks, like the 154, you now have to factor in the drivers and your still encroaching on head room up front along with snow evacuation. The 16" tracks will clear after they rub themselves a wear spot on the suspension mounting hardware and not much gain to be had there. I never really noticed that much footprint on the ground nor performance gain on 15 vs 16 once you get over 144. Look at the 156 or 159 in the 2.52 pitch and you will see noticable gains over the 144 or 151.

The pro mountain skid from the 05 is leaps and bounds above the 03 mtn viper skid. Other than the heavier shocks, its on par with the poo and cat skids from the same era. Add some rail extensions to suit your longer track and have a blast.

Ok thanks for info. I don't believe the Fabcraft tunnel has ever been used and it's just sitting. What about a Doo skid in a Yam? Most of the guys I usually ride with are on Doo's and theres a lot of parts.

Back