98 srx700 clutch type

Owenssrx700

Hello all just picked up a 98 srx700 with 8100 miles and was wondering what type of clutch is on it, ie a yp or yxr? Just going thru sled and want to get or make some tools and freshen clutches up. Also I just installed a coolant gauge is the fitting at temp light a good spot if I were to get a t fitting? Thanks

Tapping into the temp light sending unit might not be the best place for your gauge sensor.It might interfere with the sending units proper operation as the temp light is also used for sending fault codes as well.Most times that I've seen a water temp gauge added to a sled the person usually cut into the coolant hose somewhere,and in the case of an SRX the hose that comes off the lower coolant bottle is the most popular,but I'm sure upper one would work too.I seem to remember reading where someone took the water rail off the heads and had a hole drilled and tapped for the gauge sending unit in it too.

Great thank u for responses, are there any good links to the tools(except for clutch puller) to make the tools to work on both clutches? The primary has ridges in middle of sheaves what would be the best way to smooth these,emery cloth? U can barely feel these ridges with ur finger nail. I like tinkering and doing the little stuff that most people don't notice but are great for better riding experiances plus I can't leave anything stock that has a motor so are there any other things I should check out?

If the primary has ridges worn into the middle of the sheaves, replace the whole clutch with a good used one. You know the rest of the clutch is shot with those miles, assuming the PO didn't maintain them.

Back