Issue with my Brake light...need advice to fix

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
So on my SRX I noticed when I pull the Brake lever my rear Brake light doesn't want to go on,or it flickers slightly.Took the bulb out and replaced 2 times with other bulbs,same thing happens.But if I push the bulb in while on the Brake lever,the bulb lights up.So this tells me the socket contacts are worn down enough(thru vibration over the years)that the bulb won't make proper contact.Without replacing the socket,is there a way to build up the contacts in there??? Ohers must have had this problem in the past.Thanks in advance

will look into at then,so you thinks its not the socket end?????Why does bulb light up when I push it in tighter by hand while the lever is depressed?? Anyways not a biggie for me,still can ride the beast....nice day today for a ride...

If you're pushing in on the bulb and it works I'd say you found the problem. Worn bulb contacts or ground connection would be my guess.

That tail light assembly was used on almost every two stroke sled Yamaha built since the mid 80's. Online says a complete new assembly is less than $20 US. Good used should be easy to find. New is cheap.

Repair or replace your choice.

opsled

Back