wire rub through or other issue???

nick5oh

was out riding this past weekend and was coming across a lake, had low beam on, went to switch high beam and my cluster turned off as well as my lights, it then flickered on and then off again, I started slowing down and then pressed the switch again and all was ok for the rest of the night and next day. question is....is it possible that the way I hit the switch that the switch was in between low and high beam causing the lights to go out completely? I have seen this on other sleds where the light but not cluster would flicker due to the switch being inbetween high and low beam. thanks guys

I had that happen to mine. The wires were routed underneath engine from the factory and I had a rub through. I had to reroute everything to fix the issue.

My money is on a rub thru. I've been through this twice now on my sled. Both different areas on the harness.

all depends on if any previous owner before you messed with anything under the hood.. like previously stated mine was always where it wrapped under the engine

Yep, first time was the harness under the motor. Easy fix....

2nd time was by the left foot well, under the cowl for the electronics. Took me awhile to find that one.

Back