835 questions

madzx2

I've always wondered what size Pistons the 835 big bore uses, I've also heard it needs a shim under the cylinders. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always wondered what size Pistons the 835 big bore uses, I've also heard it needs a shim under the cylinders. Is this true?

I'd like to know this info too, trying to get as much info on any of the big bores I can

i have the maxxuim big bore 780 with the shim & it's about 1/4in thick.go to Hauck performance.thay have the 835.to tell the truth some porting & some clucthing thay will be FAST!!!!.

there is a shim under most 835,s mainly for afew reasons, port timing or the crankshaft has longer rods and is stroked. also the 835 srx big bores i have seen use a skidoo piston, the 780 uses a wiseco. 3:16x (yammie tony)

I have a Maximum Performance 780 BB now with no shim but some porting and I had a Bender 835 BB that didn't use a base shim. The 835 needed extra cooling and the BB pipes to run as good as a properly set up 780. I would run a 780 unless you can find a sweet deal on an 835.

I have a 780 now but I've always wondered about 835s. There does seem to be as much info about them.

Try to pm bufalobob. He runs a 835 in a srx. He could probly answer a lot of your questions I would think

At 835 you need different cylinders and heads.........If you want to ride the trail..........

I have owned and worked on multiple 780's and 835's. None of which have used cylinder base shims.. Both the 780 and 835's use modified stock cylinders and heads. 780's are normally bored cylinders with updated porting and fresh plating. 835's are bored for custom steel sleeves. Two very different animals.. Both make great power with bigbore pipes.. Without pipes I would suggest a good trail porting job.. Not a huge difference in power and much much cheaper to build..
Bigbore with pipes is a great sled. Very expensive hp/$ thought..

There was a guy that has a 835 complete motor Fresh build. Never ran. With venom heads. 3 sets of domes. Big bore pipes and 38mm. Carb package think he had 2 of them. For sale for 3k. Each obo could try and come up with his info if u were interested.

All Bender 835 sleds I have seen use a (approx) 1/4" plate to raise the cylinder. Steel sleeve insert for the cylinder with the pistons at 75 mm (approx)! Hope that helps.

Back