Rebuild time

03viperguy

Been sitting in the trailer for five years. Going back together, I'm sick of not having it. Engine bay cleaned, it's a startuploadfromtaptalk1457915555091.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457915575815.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457915591377.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yeah, been running either a skandic SWT for grooming and getting the kids out there or my father in laws 03 800 renegade. ready to have mine back. what else should I be looking at while its all apart? wiring looks perfect.

Now is a good time to eliminate any slop in the steering. The plastic blocks for the steering shaft are usually a major cause and they are really cheap to replace. How much are you willing to spend haha... Is that a stock skid? There's a good thread on TY about machining the slop out of the Cross shafts in the skid. He turned the aluminum shafts down on the ends and press fit a stainless steel collar on the ends. It depends on how handy you are with a lathe. I did mine and then machined my own uhmw bushings for the whole skid and man what a huge difference. The entire time I was thinking it was too much work for the gains but couldn't believe the results. Again all depends on time and money. Get your power valves modded with the steel ends. This is a must in my opinion.

Not sure but I don't see a torque limiter there. Also a great cheap mod.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I would check the front arm in the mono shock for cracks. I noticed cracks next to the welds on mine. I was getting ready to load up for a trip when I noticed them. I welded the cracks I could get to on the outside. It wasn't enough. It broke down by the transfer rod. I welded it back together and rewelded the whole arm. It had cracks all over the place. The skid had about 5000 miles on it and I did some searching and found it to be a common problem.

I have a torque limiter, just in the pile of stuff. Front end is totally slop free. Did the drive bearings when the ripsaw went in a year or so before it died. Good call on the chain and sprockets. Monoshock in the rear, plan to pull and check the welds and paint. Anything else I am overlooking? Thanks guys!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back