viper srx motor conversion

snowmobob

hey guys i got one for ya. i ended up bowing up my 03 viper SRX 700, and had a mountain max laying about so i'm trying to pull of a swap. i have everything in the viper as far as the motor, carbs, and such. now here's where it gets tricky, i put the viper stater behind the mountain max flywheel so i could wire the block into the viper harness and hopefully power the tach and lights. with all the viper electronics plugged in (minus the power-valves), the sled will fire and run for a second or two the die like i hit the kill switch. i also have no power to the tach or lights. is it a possibility my throttle safety switch inside the throttle is gone out?? i looking for other possibility because i figured that if the engine runs momentarily its not the stater. are there any other safety features in the viper that would tell it so shut down do to the lack of the power valves not being installed? it makes no difference if prime the sled through the plugs so i know its not the carbs being plugged and if i pull the spark plugs after trying to start it the plugs are wet leading me to believe it is loosing spark suddenly for and unknown reason. please help i really wanna ride at lease once more this year! thanks!!

what year is the mtn max motor, as likely its a problem with the flywheel.

the stators are different as well between the red head dual bulb and the viper. viper and srx are different but will work between.

what cdi box are you using? You should be using the mountain max box and bypass the temp input.

Back