Quick question!

auji700triple

What's the 2001 srx supposed to Rev at?
Also, what compression is a stock engine at 2000ft supposed to have?

Sled runs about 100 ft on a lake run and drops from 84/8500 to 8100. Also has about 100Ish psi across the 3 at 2000ft.

Should be at 8500. Check power valves for adjustment or pull threw. Compression should be in the neighborhood of 120 to 125 depending on the gauge. Sounds like a power valve problem. How many miles on the engine?

I redid the rings last summer, cylinders looked good but was reading a little low on the psi. So I redid the rings and still only got about 100Ish on all 3. When I tore the top end down I found a 1 pulled threw valve and replaced another on its way. Could I have adjusted them wrong? It was my first time so I may have them a little off..

I was also thinking that it's powervalves but... why would they open up fully give me 8500 for about 100 ft then drop off to 8100.. would it be a servo problem? Could a bad pv adjustment make the motor drop rpm? Sled runs great, no issues really just loosing rpms

I had a cable break this winter and that is what it did. It would jump to rpm then bog down. I would pull them out and check them. Also make sure you didn't put any upside down. The big bevel goes down. If they were not adjusted properly it could have caused one to pull threw or break the end of the cable off. Might want to check compression with another gauge. Probably read normal with a different gauge.

check power valves again, than go to springs in secondary and primary. your compression is low even after rebuild could mean you might have installed rings wrong or you have excess cly wear. should hold at 8300 and peak at 85. no drop. 3:16x (yammie tony)

I never pulled anything yet however, when I installed the rings they were done right 100% on that. As for the powervalves I went by totallyamahas description with using Allen keys for spacers. Funny thing when you say cylinder wear, the one I figured would give me the lowest compression reading was actually the highest. Mid and mag cylinders are in what seems to be top notch condition with the honing marks still very visible. But... clutch side cylinder seemed to have a few small nics above the exhaust port but still gave me a better reading at 103psi. Maybe I'll check them with a different tester. The one I used was brand new but from Canadian tire... maybe a shit tester but I'll dbl check. I was thinking it's a clutch issue.. tired Springs with 11k on the odo.

Back