Need help with carb settings

Yamahaman1123

i have a 1999 Srx 700, recently rebuilt the motor. I havent adjusted the power valves yet because my carbs are being a pain. I have my carbs at stock settings, main jets-146.3,146.3,148.8 pilot jet-42.5 Pilot screw 1 1/8. My sleds seems to hang at high rpms, if i blip the throttle it takes a while to come down and if i really hit it sometimes it doesn't come down at all. If i open the choke a little it seems to eliminate these symptoms. So i turned my pilot screw in an 1/8 of a turn to richen it and nothing really happened. The manual recommends a 45 pilot jet for my area. Would this fix this problem?

i have a 1999 Srx 700, recently rebuilt the motor. I havent adjusted the power valves yet because my carbs are being a pain. I have my carbs at stock settings, main jets-146.3,146.3,148.8 pilot jet-42.5 Pilot screw 1 1/8. My sleds seems to hang at high rpms, if i blip the throttle it takes a while to come down and if i really hit it sometimes it doesn't come down at all. If i open the choke a little it seems to eliminate these symptoms. So i turned my pilot screw in an 1/8 of a turn to richen it and nothing really happened. The manual recommends a 45 pilot jet for my area. Would this fix this problem?

You need to turn the screw out to richen it. If it were an air screw you would turn it in, those are fuel screws.

Definitely sounds like a lean condition down low. Check to make sure there are no air leaks on both intake and exhaust side (Carb boots tight, clamps tight, ex. manifold bolts tight, etc...). Then try backing your fuel screws out like suggested. After that, you may need to bump up to the 45 pilots if conditions persist.

Good luck!

Definitely sounds like a lean condition down low. Check to make sure there are no air leaks on both intake and exhaust side (Carb boots tight, clamps tight, ex. manifold bolts tight, etc...). Then try backing your fuel screws out like suggested. After that, you may need to bump up to the 45 pilots if conditions persist.

Good luck!

I went to the 45 pilots at 1 1/4 turns out, seems much better but still hangs at 4 grand when it comes down from high revs. ill try 1 1/2 turns next. All bolts were tight on carb boots and i made the clamps extra tight so there is no leaks that i know of.

Back