tripple pipes

looking for some info on a set of power inc. center dumps.what would these pipes work best for as far as application?drag? mountain?trail? i have ran the end dumps, and the benders, but never the center dumps.kinda curious what they would do for me.i know the rpm is maxed out at 8200,and my sxr needs 8400 for max power, so are these something that i can use for a specific application, or am i better off with the stock pipe over the center dumps?from most of what ive been reading, most people when drag racing say that you wanna leave the line at about 8200 rpm, and climb to peak rpm, 8400-8500 at the end of the run.are these pipes worth putting on?could they be used with heavier weights to get a better holeshot?and how much hp would they make on a stock sled?thanks in advance, brian.

I would not think they would perform well for drag racing. I think they where more for a triple trail pipe. Aaen hauck cpr simmons benders psi power inc end dumps would be a better performing pipe

Ok think I might have looked at the wrong way. Thought u were talking engagement at 8200. U are talking running shift out at 8200 and finishing at 8400 right ??

Definitely more of a trail pipe/midrange, but if you already have them than I would try them. I have both (center and end) and really like the centers. You can run them up to 8400. It's all about sled setup with these. We have almost two identical sleds set up for trail/crossover and one is a 136" trail ported center dump and the other is a 144" un ported end dump and they are very close. Both 2' paddles both 8 tooth drivers and lower gearing, roller clutches. I think the centers get a bad rap for no reason. Used in the right rpm they rip.

im gonna give them a shot,cant hurt since i allready have them.just gonna clutch it to where i get the quickest et, and play with the gearing.what are you running for jetting?

Back