Replacement Track Question

Michigan Brad

99 SRX 700 thats all stock. It's got the stock track thats studded and its torn. I'm looking at a 121 x 15 Ripsaw or a Shot Gun. Just curious which would be best and what size paddle would be best. I'm thinking 1.25 but not sure if it will fit. I trail ride up in Northern Mi and don't leave the trail. I don't plan on studding again.

I only trail ride in Michigan and I really like 1.25" lug Ripsaw II track (it's not a finger track like the original Ripsaw so it does a lot better in powder). I've never tried a 1" lug track but the RSII has awesome traction and I'm on my 3rd one (Viper, V-Max, and Skidoo XP). It may hurt top speed compared to a 1" but I can't say for sure.

If you want a really fast track Port Yamaha sells new Hacksaw 14" wide takeoff's for $300.

I ve often had the opportunity to drive an original style 1.25 ripsaw ( no studs ) on ski doo 800 e-teck Renegade . On trail the traction is just awsome! Seriously hooks! My brother also ran this same track on his 1999 Venture 600 with the same great results. I'm fairly confident you can run 1.25 without heat exchanger protectors.

Last edited:

Back