What do i need to do on front suspenion if i put a mono rear suspenion in a 02 SRX

d4laseck

I have a 02 SRX and I was thinking about putting in an 07 mono suspension from an apex in the rear. Before I do that, I wanted to know if, what do I have to do to the frint suspension to make it ride good. I just mainly ride trails.

Derrick

You'd have to long travel the front, some people don't but I would otherwise the back will sit kinda high compared to the front. The best way to long travel the front is to use shocks, trailing arms, radius rods and tie rods from a long travel sled like a viper, sxr, vmax xtc or xt. Some people just use longer shocks or shock lift brackets, if you go that route it won't be as wide so it might be more tippy.

You can gain about an inch of travel by flipping and swapping the front shock brackets from side to side.All you will have to do is put a washer under the lower hole between the mount and the frame and do a little grinding on one side of the bracket to make room for the shock eyelet.

Back