SRX 780 kit on trails

P.S.3545

Hi looking for feedbacks on 780 kits for trail riding. I got an 01 SRX 700 with 7k on it. Really like my sled.. I would like to crank it up to a 780 but I am wondering what the power band is like..where it sits.. Wouldn't want to kill the way the power band is now. Not looking for a lake runner.. Need anyone s feed back on what to expect..anyone that ownes or owend one. Tx

you can do a 780 that will run on pump gas, use stk pipes and carbs with know issues. peak rpm will be 8500. 3:16x (yammie tony)

I ran one here in mn and hauled it out to WY and MT every year for 4 years without any issues. Stock carbs, stock pipes, stock cdi. Made good power, was easy to clutch, and jetting was simple too. They require good fuel and need to be warmed up good before using as the Wiseco piston isn't as forgiving as the stock one. Only real issue I ever had was I'd get sick of waiting for thermostat to open and get the running boards warmed up on real cold days. Other than that it was a great motor package.

Back