Removing magneto

Ok I've searched and couldn't find it, if tried to hold the clutch, and my hex bit in the bolt slipped, im afraid to strip it, how do you all remove the three bolts holding the recoil cup off, the part that engages the plastic part on the recoil?

I took a dremel tool and cut slots in each bolt, then used an impact driver with a flat bit and pounded them out. you can usually get them out just by heating them up, the heat loosens up the loctite, but since yours is stripped that probably wont work.

Couldn't you use your clutch tool to stop the clutch from turning? Would be easier if the motor was in the sled yet for that to work.

Couldn't you use your clutch tool to stop the clutch from turning? Would be easier if the motor was in the sled yet for that to work.

Im a complete dunce at times, im UN familiar with clutch tools, I got the cup off and got ready to take the magneto off, the tool I have is small skidoos, lawn mowers and seems like chainsaws lol, gotta get a new one, cheaped out lol
Thanks for putting up with my stupidity gang

I have seen a guy stuff a clean piece of rewind rope inside the cylinder so when the piston comes toward top dead center it stops the crank from spinning. Seems wrong but he claims hes been doing it for 30 years.

Back