dropped a spray can straw in mag cyl :( gasket kit option questions...

nick5oh

long story short I dropped and spray can red plastic straw down mag cyl :(
don't see it in there, removed pv to get a better look, still don't see it. piston is about the length of the straw in the cyl measured from spark plug thread to piston top. transfer ports are showing around the jug. what are the chances it went down one of them? possible it went into the exhaust pipe?

anyways I see on partzilla the o rings for the head are pretty cheap and available, I also see that a complete engine gasket kit from winderosa is pretty cheap but not complete by the sound of the description. I used a winderosa kit to seal my pv's and was happy with it until last night when I took the pv off and saw that some of the gasket material was stuck to the jug and most of it stuck to the pv.

I drag race a carbureted mustang and am used to the holley blue no stick carb gaskets that are a wonderful thing lol.

wondering if I should simply remove that one head to get a better peak and get 2 new o rings for it from yammy? if all goes well and I find the straw great! but worst case scenario and I need to open the motor more shuld I but an aftermarket gasket set or go the expensive route and do all yammy parts?
thanks guys

just to add. motor has 5500kms on her and was planning to remove it to clean the belly and engine up as well as go through the wiring harness. maybe a tear down and refresh is worth it? I just added a buncha work fml

If it's in the engine you have to find it.

I would only use aftermarket gaskets if I couldn't get OEM.

People complain about the price on OEM Yamaha vs other aftermarket options but if you compare the quality there is usually a big difference and failures of things like gaskets and fuel line can cost much more than the difference in price.

opsled

Ended up getting it out....just had to remove the pipes and I found it in the exhaust manifold. I hear ya on the gaskets. Looked today on partzilla and all of em seem pretty comparable in price

just had that happen to me. was very lucky just prop strait up and grabed it with needle nose. i would of just pulled head back off. 3;16x (yammie tony)

Back