p-85 on srx

slx12001

The primary clutch is shot on the 1998 srx 600 that I bought. I have several p-85 primary clutches here with lots of tuning parts. It looks like the wide belt version of the p-85 with the 30mm taper will bolt on. I will need to machine the spacer I believe and use the yamaha bolt it looks like. Not sure on offset yet as I don't have a yamaha alignment tool here. Any help here would be great. I'm thinking p-85 as I have them here available.

no one? I believe I have it figured out. Deep bore 30mm P-85 seems fine. I'm pretty new to yamaha sleds. I have been doing some research on yamaha clutch components. Long time polaris guy and all clutch components are readily available with all numbers and specs everywhere. It's very difficult to decipher the yamaha tuning parts. I checked the tech stuff but Is there anywhere the yamaha weights, springs, and cams are set out with spring rate charts, weight charts, effects of roller size vs weight profile and weight, etc?

I had one that had a p85 on it. the bolt needs to be modified the collar if I recall then just setting it to the right width for the belt. I personal would rather work on a yamaha clutch than a polaris. The yamaha is not hard to come by or tune just my 2 cents

P85 will work,, easy to tune....... But does not have as much grip as a well tuned yame with correct weights..

Back