Vmax 4 800 crankshaft rebuild how to tips etc ?

TZR750

Hi All I'm looking for some tips if anyone has replaced the inner gears on the crankshaft ends i.e in the middle of the case not sure how those come off the crank to replace I found out yamaha no longer makes them for sale so i will find a machine shop to make me a set up, and then need seals that are next to them as well, outer seals still available, i.e winderosa, cometic but not sure about inners. looking for direction i have never done this before and the teeth are chipped pretty good on one from water pump gear failure only 2500 miles

send that crank to hauck power sports and get it done right. they all have to be pressed off, complete disambled. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Thanks Tony, I figured I was in over my head on this one, here's another question, since i have it all apart do you know of any sources for cast pistons OE style, I seen a guy offering the Wiesco however I'm not racing this thing for one or two hard pulls down a drag strip, I hear Wiesco is good for that application, but fast trails and I have no issues keeping up or passing the latest and greatest 14k sled's just have to use a little extra body English through the bumps and twists

Back