Whats the longest track in srx anyone seen

jldbigblock

What's the longest track anyone has put in a srx. I recently found one for sale with a 162,

I have an option to buy a 2010 apex 174 skid and track for a great price, thinking of putting that in my srx and extending my ekholm tunnel or putting a longer kick up style on it.

a 174 srx? itl be a straight line monster for sure but a tank at everything else. not that it already isnt...

174 was an idea but turned that down due to i don't make it to mountains hardly at all anymore. Toying the idea around to put a 153 skid in and setting it back a bit in tunnel and putting 162 in it. Haven't researched enough to throw the money out quite yet

seen lots with 151's. They look good. Have heard stories though of front end rake on SRX's and that they tend to plow with longer tracks?

Ran one for years with a 144 and the fronts brackets flipped to give it a little more front end lift. Buddy had a 159/162 that worked well. He cut the shock brackets off and rewelded them to get some height in the front. If I was doing one again I'd swap the taller viper spindles/arms into it to raise it up and run a 144 or a 151.

Ya I flipped brackets for front shocks already. My aftermarket trailing arms came with viper heads but I never thought about but viper spindles and instead cut the heads down to fit the srx spindle. I have a basically stock 99 srx with raised front shocks brackets and I have viper rear shocks and limiter straps along with an 1.5 lug track it does alright but it tunnels in the powder real bad, now my other srx with the ekholm tunnel and drop and roll chain case with the 141x2 track it's night and day between the 2, it feels like it lifts out of the snow instead of digging first. 20160227_143329.jpg thinking of redoing both sleds, swap this long track and tunnel onto the short track along with getting another longer ekholm tunnel and 162 setup in the current long track sled

Back