Reverse Fitment

Cyrus

Does a reverse kit off of a 2000 SXR 600 fit on a 2004 Viper Mountain? Just want to check before I buy from seller here...not that I am doubting his word at all but the parts are making a long trek from NY to BC. Would it just be bolt and play as well? thanks

Last edited:

Does a reverse kit off of a 2000 SXR 600 fit on a 2004 Viper Mountain? Just want to check before I buy from seller here...not that I am doubting his word at all but the parts are making a long trek from NY to BC. Would it just be bolt and play as well? thanks

It should work, but your gearing will be affected.. the gears are not the same from an SX-R (20-39) to Viper MTN. (21-40)

How do I know which gear I need to order? Is just model info good enough (without tearing apart anything)

The gear types are different too as the Viper uses HYVO gears and the SX-R has silent type. As long as you don't mix and match them you'll be fine. You can compensate somewhat for gear differnces on the bottom with your top gear by going either more or less teeth to get your desired ratio.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I stopped into my dealer today. Guess he will be getting back to me. Probably been a while since they've had to think about this old stuff. Still a bit confused about all of this so basically I need a new chain and reverse gear that matches a Viper to make this work??

Back