Eliminating Oil Pump

ALLFUN112

Hello to all again!!!

I am getting ready to put the 02 MM700 in my buggy,,,I am having a lot of trouble finding someone to make me longer cables to run oil pump and throttle...

Can I just not use oil injection pump, and pre-mix??

My main concern are the oil lines that feed the bottom of the motor,,,what will happen if I am not feeding oil to this??

Will there be enough lubrication in the pre-mix to keep it lubed up down there??

I wanted to add a New pic of the Buggy,,lots of work went into it this summView attachment 61863View attachment 61864er!!!

Last edited:

the bottom end wont last long of you remove the feed lines. people do this for grass drag sleds because they are only run for a short time. why not just keep the injection system on? its very reliable. you can usually pick up cable extension kits online. cool rig btw!

Thanks for the replies

Looks like I really have to find some longer cables

Any info on possible companies that could make cables,,would be great,,Thanks

You would be better off with the oil pump lever wired to the full flow position, and adjust it a little lower later if it uses to much.

You would be better off with the oil pump lever wired to the full flow position, and adjust it a little lower later if it uses to much.

Are you saying to keep using oil pump for the lower end,,and blocking off oil line that would feed the fuel pump???

No. If you can't find an oil pump cable that works just wire the oil pump lever to give it the high rate of oil all the time, the same you would get using premix. Or you can leave it on low rate but premix the gas as well. Then some oil comes from the injection system and the rest from premix. Don't disconnect any lines.

Back