Yamaha 8h8-82250-01 tether.

Backwoods M Max

I want to add a tether to my 02 mtn max for this winter. The spi replacement tethers says it replaces Yamaha p/n 8h8-82550-01 for 73-03 vehicles. Is there a free hanging pigtail in the harness that I just haven't seen or do you sacrafice the kill switch if you plug and play it. Obviously an inline splice would retain the function of all the kill switches.

Funny story... At the beginning of last year I put a tether on my trail sled. I late March we were out riding, and when we got close to home I left the group to play. Well I was low on gas so I started to head back. The road was really muddy so I was riding up on the snowbank, just as I was getting close to the lake, my sled died. I tried to pull it over a few times and nothing, so I just assumed I was out of gas, I realized I didn't have my phone so I started back on foot across the lake, about a 2 mile hike and the top ice was all slushy, it was like 60°. Got my brother and headed to my sled with a can of gas, pour it in and still nothing. That's when I realized the tether was missing, I had forgot to clip it on to me. so I looked all over, and was about to unplug the killswitch, when I spotted the tether hanging in a tree about 20 feet behind the sled! My brother gave me so much crap!

do yourself a favor and buy the OEM Yamaha tether, the SPI or Kimpex cords are junk spend the extra money on the good stuff it will save a lot of problems

Back