Brake Light Switch Issue

MDEVO

$(KGrHqRHJEUFD)2I)6LRBRC(P1451!~~60_1.jpg

I have a strange issue, I need help with.

Have a newer style hydraulic brake (off Nytro) installed on my Phazer II and have no control of my brake light...it is always on.

Everything is good electrically, so I checked the brake light switch (fixed end with rotating disc) which had power all the time. I removed the switch to check contacts and noticed once positioned it functioned correctly. However when installed, the position has it in contact all the time?? I see no type of adjustment available?

I was thinking it may be the wrong switch for the application, but it fit perfectly and is identical to the parts diagram.

Anyone ever had this issue??

Thanks!

Sounds like the switch once installed is clocked in the on position rather than off.It should only be on when the brake lever is pulled.

Yes that is the problem.

There seems to be no adjustment, and the contacts are all positioned corectly? It just doesn't make sense to me?

I might try and cut down the copper "C" shaped contact...if it is not something simple I am missing?

I would use your ohm meter and test it at the plug. See if circuit closes when lever moved. Is it possible the wires have to be switched??

I would use your ohm meter and test it at the plug. See if circuit closes when lever moved. Is it possible the wires have to be switched??

I found from my post in the 4stroke forum that MrSled had this same issue, and it was an incompatible older switch. I had assumed the hydraulic assembly was complete, but it actually had the original Phazer switch installed on the newer hydraulic assembly, and that's why it doesn't work.
They look almost identical in the parts diagram!

I've ordered the newer style switch....thanks for your reply!

Back