jetting for MBRP can?? SRX 00

2000ws6transam

Got the can on today seems to idle higher and after I did a WOT across the field it bogged out and wouldn't do anything... even revving it up it cuts out on the decel. all stock but the can also just cleaned the carbs sled has 6800 miles and good compression

No jetting change needed, I have one on an 02 SRX with DCS and light never goes off.
I don't think the can is your problem.

Humm.. seems to ne to be lean but I cleaned the carbs at the same time I did the can. I was very cautious and took my time and made sure everything was clean and all serfaces were good before putting them back together. starts first pull. before took 3 to 7

I have one on mine 00 srx 700 never had to do any jetting sounds and runs awesome! i do notice that it seems peppier when the foam air box cover is off probably because it runs a little leaner? maybe your TOR switch is acting up?

Last edited:
it wouldn't idle very good before and back fired sometimes the first time I rode it this year ( just bought it) I rode it last year and it was a rocket..... I bought it from my friend cause he rides his viper and wife didn't like to ride. so just cleaned the carbs and did the can. only thing I noticed was some oxidization around the bowl gasket, which I cleaned and pulled the rubber gasket out and cleaned also. took the pilot jets out and blew them out with carb cleaner and then air. did the same to the mains just didn't take them out just moved the slides to WOT

i would not use any aftermarket can,thats just me. now on a occasion, i have seen you might have to up pilots jet size some with these cans. tell ya another crazy thing, pull your pipes back off and make sure you have no obstructions like in maybe a mouse nest, always over looked. also i would oems out your spark plug caps. 3:16x (yammie tony)

try and loosen up your throttle cable if it is two tight it will make the TOR switch act up and put it into a limp mode or you can bypass it. I love my MBRP never had any issues.

try and loosen up your throttle cable if it is two tight it will make the TOR switch act up and put it into a limp mode or you can bypass it. I love my MBRP never had any issues.

this guys right on the money, throttle cable too tight making tors system activate, excellent advice!

You can switch back to the stock can in 10 minutes to rule out the MBRP can if the throttle cable adjustment doesnt work.

Back