Y.P.V.S. test connector

P.S.3545

I got an 01 SRX 700 and I m looking for the y.p.v.s. test connector. I'm following the manual .I looked everywhere and can't find any. Is it possible? Otherwise what's the adjustments procedures.

Is the sled running?
If so
Remove cover from servo
Start sled and idle down below 900 rpm watching servo
When servo opens and holds steady (no twitching) shut off sled
Watch servo to make sure it doesn't move when you kill engine.
Mark servo with a sharpie so you know if it moves while doing adjustments
Make your adjustments
start sled, idles down below 900 again. If servo is twitching then you are too tight

If you could guide me to those write ups that would be greatly appreciated.I m doing a rebuild with ported cyls, head mods, valves.

Last edited:
This is a connector I made up. I cut a plug off an old harness. There is a plug by the servo that will have a cap on it. It has one black and one red wire going to it. You can put 12v to that and it will open the valves. Doing what staggs said works just as good. Like he said if it is twitching that means they are too tight. Once you do it, it will all make sense.IMG_20161209_133400398[1].jpg

Last edited:
This is a connector I made up. I cut a plug off an old harness. There is a plug by the servo that will have a cap on it. It has one black and one red wire going to it. You can put 12v to that and it will open the valves. Doing what staggs said works just as good. Like he said if it is twitching that means they are too tight. Once you do it, it will all make sense.View attachment 62084

I think I might have found out what happened..here is a picture...since you said there was a red and black wire I think I found it. The guy before me must have cut the test connector on the machine and wired his heated visor on it..here is the picture..located right above the servo...who do you guys think? Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20161209_13_26_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161209_13_26_54_Pro.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 26
I think I might have found out what happened..here is a picture...since you said there was a red and black wire I think I found it. The guy before me must have cut the test connector on the machine and wired his heated visor on it..here is the picture..located right above the servo...who do you guys think? Thanks
Can anyone else with an 01 SRX 700 confirm the wire colors on their y.p.v.p. test connectors? Tx

They are indeed red and black,and from your pic I'd day the previous owner had done what you said and cut the white connector off for a heated shield plug.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Back