86 Phazer Mods/Carb Specs

crazy canuck

Have a small project involving some mods to an '86 Phazer (Aaen rear dump pipe (torquer?), vforce3 reeds, cold air kit so far...) and was wondering if anyone had some carb tuning specs for this (trail riding, 0-800ft., -20c)? Did some research and looks like 148.8 to 150 mains with fuel (air?) screws at 1.5 turns.. There was also a recommendation of 110 pilots but does anyone know where to get those? Would I be better off with some flatslide cards off a vmax 5-600 (more tuneability, get rid of 1/3 to 1/2 throttle lean condition?)?

Last edited:

You have read right ..... 110 pilots with 150 mains and fuel screws are 1.5 turns plus need to change the clutching up .... the stock helix works well and stock spring set in B-1 setting .... primary if using stock 8V0 weights red/pink primary spring

Thanks for confirming that. Can you drill the tubes at all to get more fuel? I have a cold air kit also but was talking to someone locally and they suggested installing just the top intake scoop as the bottom tube into the airbox would make jetting difficult?? Does gutting/removing the shelf in the airbox have any performance gains? Lots of questions I know...:letitsnow

if using stock carbs you must leave the internals of the air alone ....you can run cold air kit just have to jet up 2 sizes so that would bring you to a 152.5

O.k. thanks for the help. How about installing a dial a jet on the carbs for temp changes? Can you install the bung in float bowl plug that holds the main jet and if so do you go 2 main jet sizes smaller as per the instructions?

Back