Need help power valve servo not working 2001 srx

mnsrx01

Picked up 2001 srx. Rode fine around the house. 3 blinks on start up, never got a chance to go over 25-30 yet. Seems to run good, but I cleaned the power valves and when I went to set them lowered idle down and the servo don't move. Doesn't twitch or anything. Jumped it and it works.
Checked the wiring from servo to cdi for continuity and checked ok.
Is there anything that tells the cdi to open them like the tps? Or cdi junk? Haven't noticed any other issues with it yet. Thanks much.

the idle must go below 900rpm for it to open, which will be right before it stalls turning out the idle stop screw on carb rack.

if it doesn't open when you turn down idle then put it up on a jackstand and blip the throttle to over 6500rpm with servo cover removed, does it move or twitch or anything? if not then the cdi circuit is bad in the cdi box. I have had this problem before on 98-99 srx from chaffed wire harness and it damages the cdi box somehow, but don't recall it on the 2000-02 srx,however that's not saying it cant be the problem.

Ok I'll try after I put rear suspension back in. How long does it have to idle below 900 for it to move. Thanks for your time

pretty much instantly after it sees the drop under 900rpm, as what your actually doing is triggering the self clean mode, it does that everytime you shut it off, so it keeps the valves free.

Looking at used cdi boxes and noticed the ones advertised for 2001 numbers do not match mine. Does my sled have the wrong cdi box on it? Mine reads 8dm-00 F8t37571. 0513

The ones forsale say f8t37572 and 8dn-20.
Really appreciate your help guys

pretty much instantly after it sees the drop under 900rpm, as what your actually doing is triggering the self clean mode, it does that everytime you shut it off, so it keeps the valves free.

So if I understand correctly the power valves open up every time the sled is turned off? The power valves should always be in the open position then when the sled is not running? If yes, then I should be able to take off the servo motor cover and see it actuate when I turn the snowmobile off?

So if I understand correctly the power valves open up every time the sled is turned off? The power valves should always be in the open position then when the sled is not running? If yes, then I should be able to take off the servo motor cover and see it actuate when I turn the snowmobile off?

Interesting question. Easy enough to check. Do the idle under 900 trick, or the jumper that power cycles them open and then make a mark on the servo so you know where that position is. Start sled and run it a bit and then shut off. Do marks still line up?

Back