2001 srx 700 cdi

mnsrx01

Looking at used cdi boxes and noticed the ones advertised for 2001 numbers do not match mine. Does my sled have the wrong cdi box on it? Mine reads 8dm-00 F8t37571. 0513

The ones forsale say f8t37572 and 8dn-20.
Really appreciate your help guys

It's got the blue head srx motor with power valves. 01 srx chassis hood and all. Looks pretty original and I just got it. runs good around the house, but my problem is I cleaned power valves and went to set them and the servo don't move. Chased wiring to cdi. Servo works when jumped. THen looked into cdi and found this. Anyone know the number box I need for 01?

2001 srx cdi will have two large plugs. and one will be white. prefix on box is 8dn-20 , yes 00 was 8dn-10 with different plug 3:16x (yammie tony)

Last edited:
Ok so I do have the wrong box on there which solves my power valve servo problem. I have one big black and one big white plug on my wiring to cdi. So I'm wondering now if my wiring harness is correct. Also guy said he put a new stator in it. Any way to tell if that is correct 01 srx?surprised this thing ran good around the house

8dn-20 is a 2001 cdi box, the 8dn-10 is for a 2000 srx and it wont interchange as it uses 3 plugs instead of 2 like the 2001. The numbers you have listed in post 1 is the correct cdi box for a 2001

Ok so I do have the wrong box on there which solves my power valve servo problem. I have one big black and one big white plug on my wiring to cdi. So I'm wondering now if my wiring harness is correct. Also guy said he put a new stator in it. Any way to tell if that is correct 01 srx?surprised this thing ran good around the house

all the stators interchange from 2000-02 srx and all vipers. The plugs are all the same on 200-02 srx stators. The 98-99 srx wont interchange as its a different 175watt unit and different plugs as well. So it would be my guess you have the correct harness in the sled its just the cdi got damaged with the wire harness shorting out, the mtn max cdi will make spark but not have the function in the cdi to trigger the servo motor as the red head engines did not use the exhaust valves. Wait till you get the right cdi in it and the valves working, it will be like it picked up 20hp!

so with out tearing it apart to look is it possible to put the dual headlight mountain max stator on this engine? I'm pretty sure someone tried to fix a stator issue by trying this mm cdi and it didn't fix it so he sold it. The guy I got it from said he put a new stator on it and it ran. He diidn t know that the cdi was wrong. So I'm gonna get the correct cdi and go over wiring for rub throughs one more time. If only the correct stator will mount to the srx case then I should just have to set power valves and go.

Back