Phazer oiling

staggs65

I just picked up a 99 proaction style phazer for my son for Xmas. I recall a lot of people disconnecting the oil injection on Phazers and premixing instead. Is there actually an issue with the oiling system or is just a matter of taking the time to get it set up properly? If it was a real issue was it remedied by 99 or is it still an area of concern. And lastly if I do delete it does it just feed the carbs or are there lines going to the crank bearings like later engines? Sleds in hiding at a friend's so I haven't traced out the system.

well the proaction phazer has the same top end as the original phazer so that is not the issue ....but bottom end is way different the issue that i have found was not enough oil ......just turn up the oil pump as i have been dooing for many years and enjoy ....if you leave the pump as factory setting i don't think the bottom end gets enough oil ....that is why i turn them up ....have not had a crank fail since

mixture ration is still variable with throttle position, but with richening them up keep the spectrum on the richer side

Yep, like I said.."good enough:1" :)

Sorry but good enough:1 answers nothing. How do I know it's not good enough:1 now? I realize the pumps are variable. But I still shoot for an overall 50:1 on my srx's and Viper. Yes at some throttle positions it will be less and others more but good enough:1 is the worst answer I've ever heard. Give me something of use, maybe an actual measurement on the cable gap, wow

Sorry but good enough:1 answers nothing. How do I know it's not good enough:1 now? I realize the pumps are variable. But I still shoot for an overall 50:1 on my srx's and Viper. Yes at some throttle positions it will be less and others more but good enough:1 is the worst answer I've ever heard. Give me something of use, maybe an actual measurement on the cable gap, wow

I was being a smart ***. People constantly freak out over oil ratios. On newer sleds, (90ish and newer) with good oil spec'd for the sleds needs there is no reason to over complicate it. Richen it up a bit like Yamaha Nutz said and your golden. Keep a log of your of your fuel/oil consuption if your overly concerened about hitting the spot on, static number of 50:1. On the trailing arm Phazers, adding any amount of oil over stock is an improvement.
Lighten up, although this is a bit of a science, we arent heading to the moon on our sleds.
I thought "good enough:1" was pretty damn funny.

Back