Which viper do I have

Johnnybravo300

North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch
I need trailing arms, probably both sides. It has fabcraft now and they are pretty shredded and flimsy.
Im not sure which model I have of viper. I know it's an 03 but that's all I have so far. I just picked this up recently. It has a center grab strap, a long track (160 maybe?), says "deep snow special" along the windshield.
I don't think the correct t arms were put on last time. Should this have the wider stance? It's at about 38 inches now but it doesn't look like things are lining up right.
The vin is jye8en0043a00182 if that helps. The dealer in Gunnison gave me a price of 120 but he couldn't tell me which model it was? I just want to make sure it's the right part. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sounds like a mountain Viper. Mt Viper would have no sway bar and 8 tooth drivers. They also have the narrower front so different trailing arms and shocks. I think I actually have a set of Mt Viper trailing arms and spindles kicking around.

I don't see any sway bar under there. I don't see any markings on the t arms to indicate either way.
I'm not exactly sure where to measure the stance. Neither t arm is straight so the measurements widen out at the top. Measuring may not be the way to do this.
This is my fifth sled in the last few years and this always happens. When the stickers fall off all sled info is lost. What a pain. Not as easy as a dirt bike that's for sure.

From what I can tell I need the m stamped t arms. Those are the viper ones I guess.
If you have a set youd want to sell I'd be interested. I just had shoulder surgery so im not in a huge hurry. I have a month in this sling so I'm just trying to get parts lined out. I doubt if my wife will wrench for me haha

VIN "8EN" is Mtn, and VIN "8EK" is Std. But parts can be easily swapped to convert.

Back