04 RX warrior questions from 2 stroke guys

hessracing

Hey Guys I couldn't figure out how the hell to use the 4 stroke forum on here... I don't know if any of you guys own one I've never had a 4 stroke snowmobile. There is one in town here that I looked at this morning. It has 3300 miles on it and it's never seen salt the guy is asking $3200 don't know if that is a good deal or just average it has electric start and reverse I did notice it had a information light on a red one, and a couple of times when I was ridding it it seemed to go into a limp mode he did say he cleaned the carbs because it had been sitting. It seemed to idle around 2000rpms and engage at about 3800 fairly smoothly I've only rode one other 4 stroke sled and I know there different. Do these have TOR switches? I saw 2 wires coming off the carb rack. Are there any issues with these? I've been told from a few mechanic buddies of mine that you do not want a carbureted 4 stroke snowmobile I don't know if there just saying that because its hard to work on? I will not be getting rid of my SRX to get this just wanted to put that in lol.

I am not sure on the light but they do have tors. My cousin has 2 rx1's and the only time he ever has a problem with the carbs is when he first starts them for the year. Once he cleans them they are fine. In my opinion $3200 doesn't seem too bad if it is clean. They are pretty finicky when you can't stay in the snow to keep them cool. He has problems with that sometimes. I keep trying to get him to do the apex radiator mod.

If it were me I'd hold out for an apex. Not that the rx1 is a bad machine but the apex is more refined. In my area you can find apes in that price range. Friend of mine just picked up a Full Power Performance turbo Attack for $5000 at the dealer. So private sale it probably could have been had for 4 grand or less.

If it were me I'd hold out for an apex. Not that the rx1 is a bad machine but the apex is more refined. In my area you can find apes in that price range. Friend of mine just picked up a Full Power Performance turbo Attack for $5000 at the dealer. So private sale it probably could have been had for 4 grand or less.

X2. Apex has upgrades over the RX1 chassis that are needed. Little things like....a radiator fan!

That's good advice from the other guys. Also the apex has better rear suspension.

Back