97 vmax 700 no SPARK!

sx70097

Got a 97 vmax 700 red head.. i just replaced the stator because the old one was out of spec, still have no spark.. checked coils and wiring thats all good is there a way to test it without the ignition switch and kill switch connected? Cdi looks like it was replaced i cleaned the pick up points on the flywheel, i have voltage going into the cdi just nothing out the orange and black im stumped here

the key switch can be eliminated simply by unplugging it from harness. The kill switch can be tested with a continuity tester, its either open or closed.

Tested kill switch has no continuity when open in up position but push it down i have continuity.. i tested the stator again i have 415 ohms on black/red with brown/red but nothing from brown to brown/red this is what made me buy a new one from rm stator is there a detailed wiring diagram for this? The pickup coil is also good, when i pull the sled over i have voltage to cdi but nothing out of cdi, the harness looks cobbed up, if anyone has a detailed wiring diagram that would help majorly there is a red/white wire on the sled harness plug on the 6 pin plug the wire is cut.. where does that one go?

Back