enticer 2 skis(1993)

curtisbyrne2

i am replacing the front ski shims or spacers that the bolts go through. my skis are very sloppy and mover either way so i bought the parts and i can not get both top and bottom bolts out of the holes. the middle one came out but the other ones will not nudge at all.
bolts number 37 in the picture wont come off

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemp...12fc83ead4/ski
the link to the picture if its not good enough
Attached Images Attached Images

Attachments

• 0_1.png
    0_1.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 37

I did the same job with all new spacers and bushings last year on a Phazer 2, it's the same setup. Some of the bolts were also real hard to remove. I had to remove the whole assembly. I used lots of Deep Creep and a hydraulic press to remove some of the bolts but they all eventually came out for me.

Sorry, they don't show up in the picture and the link doesn't seem to work. If it's the part that connects to bolt 37, I believe it was held on by a pinch bolt. It may off needed a bit on convincing (hammer) to come off. This was last year and I've only done one. I'm sure there's guys on here with more experience with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of penetrating oil and a hydraulic press when they are badly seized. I also found that the threads on the bolts will often deform so I usually leave the nuts on and backed off flush with the end of the threads until the bolt starts to break free with the press.

For part #42 there are two nuts, one on the front and one on the rear (#48 & #49) that have to be loosened off. Then there is an allen head set screw (#44) that needs to be backed off. Loosening off nuts 48 and 49 takes the pressure off the set screw. The set screw also has lock tight so if it does not come out fairly easily with an allen key I use a 3/8" hand impact with allen key socket.

Back