Exciter 2 recoil rope routing question

93Excited

On a 1993 Exciter 2 does the recoil rope get routed through 2 different hoops? It looks odd and as if the rope would change directions drastically but only going through 1 hoop (making a straight line from handle resting point to hole for rope on cover) leaves the rope rubbing near the brake disk.

It comes out of the housing, then through an open ended loop on the frame under the jackshaft and out the loop on the steering gate. And yes you HAVE TO go through both loops or you will end up with a two piece starter rope.

Thanks ThrottleJunkie35, I see now. We have sideways freezing rain/ sleet here and I wanted to know I had it right before going out. The previous owner(s) of my Exciter removed the battery, oil injection etc. to lighten the front end. I use it in large swamps and didn't want to chance it. I have some other unrelated questions being new to sleds and having just purchased this modified ST I found on craigslist, I want to keep it going and improve upon a few areas. Can I just post one general question with a bunch of issues?

Back