'99 Venture 700 - What should max revs be?

happyhab

This new-to-me sled is throwing me a few curve balls thus far. I finally have it running half decent. It's got the correct belt in it but seems it easily rev to 9000 and a hair past before it bites in hard and the revs get pulled down a bit. Is that ok for this engine? Belt is not new, but isn't too far off the proper width. It's sitting just a hair under the edge of the secondary sheave. The primary was just rebuilt by a reputable shop be fore I got it, but let me tell you it sure rattles away when idling....(new post!)

My 700 Venture did the samething. It would easily hit 8800, sometimes 9000 rpm in loose snow. I added almost 3g to each weight tip. Droped my Revs down to 8500 rpms. It pulled harder after and gained top speed !

Last edited:
Is there a thread you can direct me to that outlines this? How did you determine how much weight or which rivet you had in the first place? Sorry, this mod is new to me, but very interested in figuring it out. Thanks

Check out my "New to me toy" thread. Not sure witch page but I show it being done. Any other questions just ask.

The rest of the thread has almost everything you'll need to know about our Ventures. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Back