Idler wheel change

4wealn

Hello all and Happy New Year. Was doing some routine maintenance to my sled which is a 97 SX 700 Triple and noticed that one of the idler wheels in the back of the skid (5.125") ones just in front of the bigger rear ones has the rubber come completely off. I have searched on how to replace and cannot find anything that has me confident on how to do it. There is a bolt going through the skid and into the wheel on each side. Do I just undo the bolt and pull the wheel off while the back end is off the ground and the track has a bit of a droop in it or is it more involved like having to take off the other side too and pull the shaft to change just the one side. If I only have to undo the one bolt, will the wheel just come off or is there more to it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

those rear wheels are on a cross shaft. Pull both bolts and take the whole mess out. While your in there change to the polaris spec 5 3/8" wheels they help reduce wear on the hyfax by actually touching the track before the hyfax is half worn out.

Back