Chaincase Help!! im an idiot.....

PoPPin600

so i tore the chaincase, and drive shaft off to replace all the bearings throughout. Now I cannot figure out how the chaincase goes back together properly. my issue i run into is,, when assembling, does the brake rotor require a spacer between the collar and the rotor? Ive looked at yamaha partshouse at all the diagrams and i cannot figure it out. when i assemble it, the brake rotor is either rubbing something or it wont turn at all. any help is greatly appreciated. I guess I shouldve waited until I had the bearings in hand Before i tore it all apart. Had to wait a few days for the bearings to show up, now i cant remember how it goes together... FML...

Anyone know where I can find a detailed write up with something having to do with re assembling the chain case after removal? Perhaps a write up of how to change the track or brake rotor? I'm searching all over and coming up empty handed. I try the search function and it takes me to sleds which are irrelevant to my application.
Thanks.

You might have a long bolt hitting the rotor.

Yup, something ain't right. It worked perfectly fine before it come apart. I didn't lose any parts that I know of, just can't remember the orientatation of certain spacers. I feel like a jackass.

So here is the secondary shaft. It has one snap ring and a washer on it to hold the rotor in place. But it appears to have another groove for another snap ring opposite side of the rotor which the parts charts don't show a snap ring other than the one. image.jpgimage.jpg

Once the rotor is installed on the jack shaft, it there any spacer/washer or anything in between the chain case collar or do they just butt together?

image.jpg

Or does it just slide into the collar/seal in the chain case?

image.jpg

checked out every diagram i could find. I put it all back together as the graphs and service manual showed. everything seems fine however, my brake rotor seems to have alot of freeplay. are these rotors supposed to "float" a little bit on the jackshaft?

Yes, the keyway is installed and I have everything back together. At this point the only thing left to put back on is my brake caliper but I was uncertain about the amount of side to side freeplay the rotor has on the jack shaft. It say it's got about 1/16" or more of side to side movement and just wasn't sure if that was normal.

Back