Bleeding brakes 2000 srx 700

2000ws6transam

So decided with the new edge skid, track, shocks and coolant change I would change brake fluid. So opened both bleeders and kept the reservoir full of fluid. Pumped the leaver and kept adding new fluid till I seen in coming out the bleeders. Closed the bleeders and lever goes right to handlebars.... so I pumped brakes, held the lever down and cracked the brake line on the caliper till fluid came out slow then closed it. did this a few times and no luck. next I took one bleeder out and let gravity do its work with no luck. then tried pumping and bleeding one at a time for about 2 hours. I get fluid out of each one with no air bubbles. But no lever. I started with inside bleeder pump 10 to 20 times then hold down and crack it till fluid stops close it then let off the lever.

I had a similar problem this summer while building my SRX drag sled. I found that the fluid had to be completely full while priming the brake system. I only bled the system via the bleeder on the outside of the caliper, which eventually worked. I also kept the lever fully depressed while opening the bleeder valve to prevent it from sucking air back into the system. Good luck.

They can be a pain in the rear. The connection at the handle bar can trap air. The only way I got it to work was to take the brake off the bar with the fluid in the reservoir and cap on. Tip so the hose is up and take the hose off there. Fill the hose and reservoir full of fluid. Move quickly and put them back together trying to keep as much fluid in there. Thread back together and mount back on bar. This should get out any air bubble that was trapped there. It seems weird but that was the only way I could get some type of pressure with the brake handle. They get a tiny air bubble in by the plunger that just won't come out.

When you were bleeding the brakes did you ever run the reservoir empty? While draining fluid? If so the above should fix your issue. Also when bleeding you should if memory serves me bleed out side bleeder first then inner bleeder. I might be backwards on that. Not 100% on which one first.

Back