Hanging idle

I'm at work so I couldn't answer you.
Never found a smoking gun, but this is my story.

Even though my sled was sick, I went for a ride one day and got stuck 15kms in the bush. It was a warm day and the snow was very heavy and packed down hard. I ended up burning my belt. Replaced it with my spare one but It burned immediately to . Tried digging a bit more came to try again and broke off my steering! Amazingly I managed to get back on the trail with a fried belt and no steering!
Walked 5 kms before I got a hold of a buddy with my cell. He drove up and towed my sled home.

Next morning I pulled and yanked on my steering and all the cables and wires for an hour trying to get enough room to weld the steering shaft all the around. Put everything back together and went for a ride.

To my amazement the hesitation was gone! Like magic my mid range was smooth and snappy. I've now driven another 1500kms since and it never returned.

Point of this story is I'm now 95% sure it was a wire rub threw somewhere in the harness leading to the steering. It would rub but only at a certain frequency or rpm range. Making for a very illusive, ghostly inconsistent midrange hesitation. At this time I'm still waiting for it to happen again before I rip out the harness and theroughly inspect it. Like I said, it's no smoking gun but I would check for rub threw somewhere on your wiring harness. Apparently all pro action chassis are vulnerable to this problem. HTH

Last edited:
Interesting, I've been through my harness recently and I'm confident that it's good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Back