Slydog skis on 700sx

Yooper89

Hey everyone, this is my first post on here. Got this sled couple months ago and done my research and I'm ready to start the mods on this sled. That being said I'm looking for skis first since the stock ski skins are in bad condition. CnA skis look good but I found some slydog trail skis for a little cheaper and there is more options for colors. So has anyone ran these and the ski mount they have are for attak and vector etc. Would that ski mount bolt onto my sx?

I had sly dog powder hounds for 2 seasons DID NOT LIKE THEM for a powder ski. The lost height from no saddle was very noticable, the reverse angle keel sucked it would just pack with snow. The didn't turn very well in deep snow and being a flat ski with a turned up 3" tail vs a rockered ski where the tip can come up because the tail would go to get up on the snow. There were many times the snow was slightly set up and the tips would just flex back instead of getting up on the snow. I sold them to a kid who put then on a nytro and ran powder pros instead. That being said I have a pair of slp slt's (straight line tracking) in a 99 Indy sks (136) trail sled and they are awesome. They have the duck bill carbides on them, steering effort is good and they are rockered a lot so when I go to play in the deep snow they come up great.

Ok I haven't ordered anything just yet.But I'll look into it. The only deep snow I ride tho is the the edge of the fields for 3 miles then after that all I ride rivers and groomed trails. So what I really need is a ski that does a little of both?

It all depends. From what I remember the sly dog trail manners weren't the best on our way to the woods. As far as I can remember they were the same skis just the powder hounds were wider. Oh I do remember this the rubber snubbers that go under the ski are sly dog specific. The rubber under the spindle cross bolt tube is thicker so when it came time to put my powder pros on I had to get Yamaha snubbers because the skis wouldn't fit.

Back