Clutching problems on my '02 Venture 700

Muckstuffer

I've got a new to me Venture 700 with about 8500 kms on it. I've only got a couple hundred klicks on it, but it seems like something is off with the clutches. I put a brand new Yamaha belt on it when I bought it but here is a list of the issues i'm having:
1 - The clutches are making a squealing sound at idle right up until the clutches engage
2 - Once the sled is warmed up and I come to a stop, the sled wants to roll away unless i'm on the brake
3 - Top end is around 120km/hr at about 8700-8800 rpm, I'm used to driving and srx but this still seems really slow for a 700
The clutches look ok on visual inspection but I don't have a lot of experience with clutching. Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Secondary belt deflection needs to be adjusted. Remove washer from back of secondary 8 mm bolts. May need new bolts if tips are warn. Should fix 2 issues with one fix. Rolling at stop and squealing.

You're right. That is pretty slow. My MM 700 with a 2 inch track will go 140 kp/h, 150 if the conditions are right. Even my 97 Venture 500 does 130 kp/h.
You need to check whether you have the right v belt.
Then you need to set the deflection.
Then add some weight to the weights.

Back