2001 Venture VT500F passenger hand warmer system problem wiring digram needed please

JohnnyG383

Hi everyone I'm new here found the forum searching to fix my problem with my rear hand warmers not working on my 2001 Venture 500. I bought the sled last year and someone recovered the seat there is wires hanging out the left side of the back of the seat by the rear hand warmers there is a hole where it looks like there should be a switch. I looked it up and bought a new Yamaha on off switch for the rear hand warmers. The warmers are plugged in but I have two more plugs and I do not have power at any wire back and not sure why I took the seat off and had to drill and remove the left rear hand rail to install the switch. The single three wire plug under the seat by the back of the gas tank is plugged in tail and brake light works fine. Anyone have a Yamaha wiring diagram for this sled and heater system? My front hand grip and thumb warmers work fine even will burn he shit out of my hands if turned up.

Hi everyone I'm new here found the forum searching to fix my problem with my rear hand warmers not working on my 2001 Venture 500. I bought the sled last year and someone recovered the seat there is wires hanging out the left side of the back of the seat by the rear hand warmers there is a hole where it looks like there should be a switch. I looked it up and bought a new Yamaha on off switch for the rear hand warmers. The warmers are plugged in but I have two more plugs and I do not have power at any wire back and not sure why I took the seat off and had to drill and remove the left rear hand rail to install the switch. The single three wire plug under the seat by the back of the gas tank is plugged in tail and brake light works fine. Anyone have a Yamaha wiring diagram for this sled and heater system? My front hand grip and thumb warmers work fine even will burn he shit out of my hands if turned up.

Its for the triples but it mite still help.
This website degrades my hd photos like crazy so the quality sucks.

Attachments

• DSC_3458.jpg
    DSC_3458.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thank you Vincent just wish I could see the back right page better dealing with the passenger warmers to hard for me to make out the wire colors and see two different ways they are hooked up

Thank you Vincent just wish I could see the back right page better dealing with the passenger warmers to hard for me to make out the wire colors and see two different ways they are hooked up
Better?

Attachments

• DSC_3463.jpg
    DSC_3463.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Much better thank you so much Vincent this really helped out maybe this weekend I can figure out why they are not working!

Hi everyone still have not come up with the reason why the rear grip warmers are not working anyone else have any ideas on what could be going on. I know they get power from the rear tail light I just can not figure this out.

Hi everyone still have not come up with the reason why the rear grip warmers are not working anyone else have any ideas on what could be going on. I know they get power from the rear tail light I just can not figure this out.

Have you checked all associated circuits for continuity with a multimeter?

Both grips are in series!! Clear in the schematic You can ohm them individually which will indicate if there is a faulty grip. There is a resistor and switch usually associated with the rear as in mine. 12V must flow through but may not be applied at idle as I recall from my manual they are power at higher RPM. If the grips are good then corrosion at the switch is the next likely cause. Voltmeter mode for power across them.

Back