Viper burble/pop on decel

03viperguy

I noticed last night after a few slightly faster runs that as I was slowing down the sled would gurgle and pop at about 3500 rpm. If I held it at about that rpm is seemed to gurgle and run what seemed like a bit fat. cleans up after a few blips of the throttle. Idle can sometimes take 5-10 seconds to drop after running higher rpm, but nothing to make me think there was an issue. never recall this happening before. I know my oil pump is set a little rich, possible that might make a difference? Believe carb settings are completely stock, I've never messed with them before. sled has just over 9000 miles. fresh crank and rings this season. Thoughts? carbs were cleaned at reassembly, I'm damn fussy about that. Thanks!

doesnt bog that bad at all lol! actually over revving compared to pre-rebuild. guessing that is an old worn belt issue though, sled sat for 5 years waiting for the rebuild. temps were warmer last night as well, about 35* f. wonder if that was playing a part as well. thanks!

if it was 35 degrees out it would for sure being running richer.

checked the oil pump setting, was at just over 17mm gap on the cable. that was probably adding to the burble I'm guessing!

Back