2001 srx cdi wiring

mnsrx01

Does anyone have any good pics of the wiring harness above the left footwell area? The voltage regulator and cdi harness area. I need some with the looming and tape removed. Someone has been in there on mine and I want to make sure the "splicing" they did is correct. I'll try to get some pics in the morning and maybe be some of you experts may just know. Thanks. Sled is 01 srx

Also does anyone have a pic of under engine harness clips. 2001 chassis with motor out. I loomed/repaired it and know I have the 4 clips back in place in front of the engine but back by the carbs I have one folded back around the harness but really thought I released two to get the harness out.

IMG_1139.jpg
IMG_1140.jpg
IMG_1141.jpg
Sorry for the bad pics. Are these metal crimps factory Yamaha?
The pics are bad but there are 1 red in 4 red out
The other is one black in 2 black out
And yellow/blue in yellow red in with only yellow blue out on cdi side

Looks to be maybe one or two more that I have to untape yet to see.
I think I found the correct wire diagram now so I might beable to figure this out. And I saw a build where the motor was out so I could locate all my wire hold downs that I was looking for

Also does anyone have a pic of under engine harness clips. 2001 chassis with motor out. I loomed/repaired it and know I have the 4 clips back in place in front of the engine but back by the carbs I have one folded back around the harness but really thought I released two to get the harness out.
90b3d69b7607d83a22725b0760a55078.jpg
57afa8b180598ae7ca207a4578cfbfbf.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks that is a great pic! That part should
Be good now. Now just have to get the wiring by the cdi sorted. Not sure if those wire crimps are factory where the wires a spliced together

Those crimps were factory I believe and I used the diagram all colors were correct. Ok so I went through the wiring under the motor. Didn't find much that would cause a issue, so addressed, Retapped and loomed it. Went through wiring around cdi area also no real issues but retaped and loomed it. Put the correct cdi in since I bought sled with incorrect one "had mm for some reason" and now my power valve servo is working now. So when I start it I get the 3 blinks. Everything works lights Are bright and hand warmers warm up. So when I click the headlight switch the tach drops for a 1/10 second. Only does this 1 time outta about 40 clicks. Operates smooth does not jump Around at all other times. Still a rub through somewhere or Am I going nuts? All this just sitting idle in garage. Hasn't snowed here all year hardly. Also servo motor does the slightest twitching "barely moves 1/16" tops maybe 5 times a minute at regular idle speed while in the closed position and opens up and holds at the 900rpm. I have not set valves yet but did back off adjusters quite a bit so there is cable slack cause I read twitching is to tight of cables. Is this normal or servo motor bad or?thanks guys with your help I've gotten so much closer to getting this thing where it should be

Mrviper700 or anyone haha?This tach drop a issue to be concerned with? Also anyone have a servo cover off that could just watch it at idle to see if there's twitches so I know if this is ok or normal? Thanks fellas!

it shouldn't twitch, but if you backed all the tension off it may because it doesn't know where its at. They will actually reset if no cables on it, can turn all the way around.

set the valves correctly and retest/observe.

Adjusted valves using the 900rpm and 2.5mm Allen wrench technique and now the power valve system is working exactly as it should. No twitching at all. You the man mr. Viper! Only issue I have left to figure out on this sled is when I switch to hi beam the tach drops for 1/4 second. Tach operation is perfect besides this. I can switch it back and forth many times again and it will not do it. If on hi and go to low it doesn't do it. If on low and left for a while then I go to hi it will do it. Is there still a rub through I missed or load relay getting weak? All lights are bright, sled runs good, hand warmers work, hi beam indicator good. Any ideas?

likely just the relay doing that, if you want a piece of mind take the white relay and blue relay off and put them on the heat register of the house for a night, will dry out any moisture in them, reinstall and ride it, you should be good to go now!

Ok sounds great. thanks for all your help with this srx. Rode it today and remembered why I love these things. Also glad that there are people out there with serious knowledge and willing to take the time to help people out rather than having to take it into a dealer that charges a arm and leg that no employees there have any knowledge on these older sleds. This site is phenomenal!!!

Back