02 sxviper 700 triple - I'm bloody idiot

Here's the back story, had problems with her from day one, fixed that thanks to snowmoyard, got the stator and flywheel replaced, it performed perfect, while doing so I missed 1 hose clamp, on the upper side of the thermostat housing, I got her stuck DEEP in willows, a 4 foot deep hole which was 5 lengths of the machine.
Needless to say she was warm and spat alot and I smelt it later, no drops that I noticed.
Got half way like a 15 mile trip, had another 5 to go light came on, I noticed the housing was steaming and looked frosted, I guessed I had lost coolant, and found the clamp, fixed but no coolant to replace, I stopped bow and then, she got steamy to say the least, I don't want to think I need a new set of gaskets, the thermostat housing was steaming on the gasket, anyways I tried to cool it off, I shut her off and used chunks of ice on the housing, it cooled a d I went again, 7 times I did that, and I made it home and I let her cool off a few hours, I filled the coolant, checked for cracks, none that I could see, and started her and I know it's cold, and the exhaust was like coolant was in it, white puffs, I'm fearing it's a gasket gone, it was like when we exhale in freezing temps, any advice on what to look for?

Head gasket, I would also check the bottom of the crankcase for signs of coolant ( possible waterpump seal)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back