2001 Venture wiring harness meltdown.

Keith1962

I found heavy damage to the wiring harness of my 01 Venture while trying to determine the reason for loss of ignition spark. Well I found it alright. I may be able to repair the harness, but I would rather replace it. Does anyone know which models I can get a harness from that will fit? Based on what on found on Partzilla, the original part was 2001 only, Venture and Vmax ER, But 2002-2003 are the same part number this an update. Anyway, I would think that the harness from any redhead with electric start would work, but I would like to know for sure before I order one.

I found heavy damage to the wiring harness of my 01 Venture while trying to determine the reason for loss of ignition spark. Well I found it alright. I may be able to repair the harness, but I would rather replace it. Does anyone know which models I can get a harness from that will fit? Based on what on found on Partzilla, the original part was 2001 only, Venture and Vmax ER, But 2002-2003 are the same part number this an update. Anyway, I would think that the harness from any redhead with electric start would work, but I would like to know for sure before I order one.
Any redhead harnes wouldn't work, some had single bulb headlights, some had dual bulb, some only had one switch for hand and thumb warmers, some had a switch of thumb and a switch for the hand warmers.

well then I would think a harness from any redhead with single bulb and one control for hand/thumb warmers would work.

well then I would think a harness from any redhead with single bulb and one control for hand/thumb warmers would work.

You would need a Vmax DLX harness most likely 2001 up to 2003 or higher as long as it has electric start and revers as well as a single bulb and controls as stated.

Back