Was thinking of selling my srx for a apex what's everyone's thoughts ?

700srxrob

I have owned my srx for 10 years love it to death. Ur I feel like it's not reliable and I'm thinking of going to a apex the apex I want has the 137 inch track so does my srx how much more of a tank is the apex than my srx ?

Go for it. I Moved to a 2011 apex XTX 4 years ago and don't regret it one bit, love the torque and instant throttle response. I kept the srx my son drives it now, I still love the sound, looks and the handling but I can't ride the old chassis for very long anymore. The apex sitting position is so much better. They handle great as well , just takes time to get it set right. The only thing you need to get use too is the engine breaking but that doesn't take long, you just need to remember not to completely back off the throttle when coming into a corner. Plus you'll love the sound of that sweet 4 cylinder, nothing else like it.

I love my Venture 700 alot, but in the next few years my goal is a long track Apex or even better would be an xtx. If not that, I'll buy a short track Apex and create something even better then xtx! :)

Last edited:
There's just something about the last 2 strokes that yamaha made. I love my viper, and want an srx at some point, but there's a lot to be said for the rider forward sleds. I want both. I plan to keep the viper and buy an apex, someday.

Back