02 viper fuel economy

mrholmquist

I have two 02 vipers . Both have stock jetting and seem to run well, no fouling plugs bogging etc. One, my wifes uses aprox 1.5 times the fuel the other one does when my wife and I ride together. The sled is relatively new to me , the po had a can on it and it had been re jetted etc. I re installed the factory muffler for my wife as well as oem size jetting which is what I am running in my viper as well. The clutching seems to be factory but I have to admit I may have to look a bit closer at that as I am not 100 percent sure . Her air box has been gutted as well , Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be looking at to improve fuel economy on this thing?

I have two 02 vipers . Both have stock jetting and seem to run well, no fouling plugs bogging etc. One, my wifes uses aprox 1.5 times the fuel the other one does when my wife and I ride together. The sled is relatively new to me , the po had a can on it and it had been re jetted etc. I re installed the factory muffler for my wife as well as oem size jetting which is what I am running in my viper as well. The clutching seems to be factory but I have to admit I may have to look a bit closer at that as I am not 100 percent sure . Her air box has been gutted as well , Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be looking at to improve fuel economy on this thing?
I can tell you what problem I had on mine, it was the o rings under the fuel screws probably bad quality one was gone and one was going. Since it's a tripple it runs decent on idle but if you let it idle I while it starts to run crappy and when you give it throttle it clears up and I didn't have to give it much choke when starting it up, but when warm had to give it throttle, was a pig on gas, the slower you drove it the thirstier.

Skickat från min SM-G388F via Tapatalk

I can tell you what problem I had on mine, it was the o rings under the fuel screws probably bad quality one was gone and one was going. Since it's a tripple it runs decent on idle but if you let it idle I while it starts to run crappy and when you give it throttle it clears up and I didn't have to give it much choke when starting it up, but when warm had to give it throttle, was a pig on gas, the slower you drove it the thirstier.

And since you have two switch carb rack and see if problems follows

Back