Getting going - 98 SRX600

Wizard

I just finished going through wifey's 98 SRX600 and need some carb' advice. I cleaned and adjusted the PV's (all working as designed) and cleaned the carbs putting things back to stock settings (cleaned and confirmed jet sizes/positions, set float levels, put the needles at 3 and the pilot screws at 1-1/2) but it bogs a lot more than it used to (and more than my other SRX's) as you're going from idle up to the 4K clutch engagement; frustrating to have to feather it up is all, but other than that it runs great.

It has good compression across all 3 cylinders (120 according to my tester) but I haven't done a leak down test because I don't have the setup to do it. With 8200+ miles and only one melt down over the years (cylinder 1), I'm confident a ring job is due but I'm saving that job for the summer.

My question is, what's the best approach to get rid of this particular hesitation; open or close the pilot screws, raise or lower the needles, other?

600 srx use a 47.5 pilot jet, that's whats in there? Also is it lean or rich? you can see if its lean by barely lifting up on the choke lever when you take off where your bog usually is, if it gets better... its lean, worse its rich and then you can further diagnose whats wrong. check it out and report back

Back