Help ! Need Ohlin's on my XTC

MURDER YAMAHA

VIP Life Member
OK, I would like to put Ohlins on the front of my XTC. But there are so few of the 2004 Viper S shocks out there.
Does anyone make an extender bracket that would allow me to use a regular short travel Ohlin like from a SRX on my long travel suspension ?
Or know of any long travel Ohlins that could be had ?

You don't need ohlins on a xtc. They never made them for that style mount and converting yours to fit a $600 dollar pair of 04 viper ohlins would not be worth it. You should send your shocks in and have them rebuilt and revalved for your weight and riding style. You would be amazed how nice the front rides. And if I was you seeing you have a xtc (which is long travel rear) I would send out all four shocks. It will improve your ride 10 fold and save your money for gas and beer!

Where do you recommend ? Heard a lot of good about Bruce at pioneer, but now he is closed down. Heard he is still doing shocks ? Anyone confirm this ?

Pioneer performance is still open. Bruce has since left. Last I heard he is still rebuilding shocks on his own. Bruce Schrader 716-560-8523
10983 Blanchard road, Holland, NY 14080

Also I recommend Carver. They did all my ohlin work for my viper and they did a great job.

Pioneer have no website ?
Also, thanks for the info !
And, let me know if you wanna borrow me those Ohlins off your 04 viper s ��

Right on. To the right buyer the ohlins are worth more then the sled as a whole! Who would have thought.
But they will be staying put for now. Too much time and effort put into that sled to strip it down just yet.

s-l1600.jpg
These are the ones I would love to have, would look great on my all black sled.
If the bottom mount is the same as mine, would just need to find a clevis adapter for the top, which should also give me the clearance needed
for the reservoir. But, these are off a newer A-arm type sled, so not sure on the bottom mounts...
sled.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 62753
If the bottom mount is the same as mine, would just need to find a clevis adapter for the top, which should also give me the clearance needed
for the reservoir. But, these are off a newer A-arm type sled, so not sure on the bottom mounts...
View attachment 62754

The big issue with those GYTR (SOQI) shocks is in getting parts for them. I do not know of any source for internal parts on them.

View attachment 62753
View attachment 62754

I used these shocks on my darth viper 2.0 sled, youll have to machine the bottoms as they are too wide to fit into the trailing arm mount, like almost a 1/4" off memory.

Machining them wouldn't be that big of a deal for me, but how did you go about getting the clevis end on the top ?

Back