Question about EGT sensors fitted with Bender Racing Viper VIP tripple pipes

polarjoern

Hi folks,

The story is that I've bought a set with BR Viper VIP tripple pipes for my 02 SX Viper.
I've also bought a Digatron EGT gauge to be fitted along with the pipes.

So, I'm wondering if there is anyone out there, who as experience on what temperature I should be looking for with this setup?

I'm looking forward for the answers.

depends on where the probe is located in the pipe, move it a 1/4 inch towards the piston your reading will be higher, a 1/4" further it will be lower. You need to go out and tune/jet the sled by looking at the plugs and piston tops and then observe what your reading is, set your alarm for 50 degrees above that temp and your done. Most require probe placement about 9 inchs from piston face, but, check with the probe manufacture on the measurement they suggest, they are not all the same.

Thanks mrviper700 for your answer.

I will have a proper "field test" done, when everything is installed to see where my readings at.
I checked with the pipe manufacturer (BR) themself for the correct probe placement. Mike at BR told me that the probes should be placed 4 to 6 inches from piston face on their Viper VIP tripple pipes.
I'm thinking about aiming for the middle here, and have them placed at around 5 inches from piston face to get a good reading.

Do you have some other tips to come with when tuning and riding with BR tripple pipes installed?

Back